Why to join us:
Becoming a member of the IWF is worthwhile!
- Regular members are entitled to attend all general meetings, social events, and interest group activities,
- they receive the “IWF Weekly News Flash” e-mail,
- and have full access to the online community, which includes
- read and post messages in our Forum 2.0, including the boards “Jobs & Community Service” and “IWF Marketplace”,
- visit the interest group areas,
- browse the membership directory,
- discover Bologna in a 1-hour virtual video tour with the well-known Bologna tour guide Anna Brini,
- download copies of current and past IWF Weekly News Flash’s.
How to join us:
Becoming a member of the IWF is simple!
- Choose the membership option that best applies to you.
- Pay the corresponding annual fee.
- Register yourself via the registration form (at the bottom of this page) to be able to access the reserved areas of this website.
Once your membership fees have been received, your account will be activated.
1. Membership options
The IWF has created a series of membership options designed to meet the needs of our friends both in Bologna and far away. Visitors are welcome to attend their first general meeting or interest group activity free of charge, also to provide them with an opportunity to get to know us before becoming members.
Regular members have full access to the online community and are entitled to attend all general meetings, social events, and interest group activities. They receive the “IWF Weekly News Flash” e-mail which summarizes the upcoming events and fresh news. Only regular members are permitted to vote and hold board position. Regular membership can be renewed at an early bird rate of €50 throughout the month of June.
This membership is for people living outside of the greater Bologna area or out of the country, who wish to support the IWF. Supporting members have full access to the online community, receive the weekly News Flash, and are welcome to attend general meetings for a drop-in fee of €5.
Institutional members enjoy full access to the online community, including the membership directory and Forum 2.0, where employment or housing opportunities may be posted. In addition, each institutional member is entitled to send two attendees to each general meeting, a privilege which is meant to be circulated among the institution’s employees, members, or students.
Student members (with proof of full-time student status) enjoy the same benefits as regular members, other than the right to vote or serve on the board.
Members joining us for the first time, late in the social year, can take advantage of our Partial-Year Membership option that year, at the reduced fee of €30. Members who join us on March 1st or later will enjoy the same benefits as regular members for the rest of that same fiscal year.
2. Financial matters
Formal membership in the IWF requires payment of annual dues in support of the organization. Dues are used to cover the operating expenses of the IWF including meeting space, speaker expenses, newsletter publication, and website hosting.
The IWF fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. Annual dues are collected in-person at general meetings or any time via wire transfer (bonifico bancario). Returning members are kindly asked to pay their membership fees for the social year during the summer months via wire transfer (they can take advantage of the early bird special of €50 for regular membership throughout the month of June). Memberships from the previous year remain active on the forums and in the directory until at least the second meeting of the social year (October).
Wire transfers should be sent to our account with the Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena bank:
- Beneficiario: International Womens Forum of Bologna
- Causale: Your first name Your last name, Membership option
- Codice IBAN: IT 63 O 01030 02430 0000 1046 0094
- Codice BIC: PASCITM1006
Please double check to make sure your wire transfer is labeled correctly with the account name (“Beneficiario”) and IBAN details written as indicated above. We recommend to copy and paste the IBAN, to avoid mistakes (zero and O are often confused!). This greatly accelerates receipt of your fees.
Upon completion of your wire transfer, please send an e-mail to the IWF treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org in which you confirm that you have just commissioned the payment. Please indicate your first and last names as well as the membership option you chose.
3. Now it's time to register yourself!
Once your membership fee has been received and your account has been activated, you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
After successful login members may access the reserved pages of the IWF website.